I had written in the past about discovering the Samara Oblast bots. For those of you who are unaware, just quickly check in your Google Analytics, in the Audience reports section the Location report.
If you are receiving a bunch of traffic from Russia, then it’s most likely spammy traffic. This traffic will never convert and will always be a small set of users, however with a decently large number of sessions.
Folks who have worked in launching mobile marketing campaigns would be familiar with the term Interstitial Ads.
What are Interstitial Ads?
Those pesky ads which take up the entire screen space in the middle of an app or a website. Yes, the ones which block the content underneath and make you click on the small cross in some corner of the ad.
Dear Internet Surfer, I have sinned.
- Ever since I have found about HTML forms and Emailing systems, I have been lurking around in web-pages awaiting to spring that form on you
- jQuery added to my arsenal of timed web-pages and put some smarts in my traps. My traps started looking good and how!
- CSS helped me to create the singing sirens, beckoning you to click on my lovely form elements
- Smart written form elements and squeeze pages made me more credible to you
- Auto-responders helped me to have an active dialogue with you … making you think that I actually care to have a conversation
- After well timed campaigns when you swiped your credit card and transferred your hard(ly) earned money to my account, I can only do but thank you for your efforts
In case, if you can find it in your heart to forgive me, then please forget the money that you paid to me and consider this as a practical lesson learnt!