Neil Patel originally shared this on QuickSprout’s blog. Yes, he is kind of a big deal :-)
So, a lot of us like to blog, and of course would it not be super cool if we had our own blog url and all the jazz effects at of course a minimal of a cost.
Well, now we can. And even the most basic of a computer user can go ahead and have his personal url blog … here’s how you do it.
- Go to a domains seller. I bought mine from Aalphanet. Needless to say, you will have to register first.
- Search for an available domain eg- kidakaka.com
- If available, go for the kill, purchase it. A .com comes for somewhere around Rs. 450.00 per annum, a .in comes at half the price.
- Once that is done, buy the Manage Domain rights for your domain. This costs an additional Rs. 45.00 per year.
- Now start a blog on the blogger platform
- In the Settings->Publishing->Advanced settings, go to the your own domain name, and provide the same.
- The complete instructions are given here, but this is what you do simply –
- Enter you domain name in the Advanced tab
- In your Manage DNS section of domain dashboard, make a CNAME entry for your domain to point to ghs.google.com
- It should take an hour and two and Voila!!
The blog now is hosted on the blogger platform, but the url is yours. A customized personal blog for less than Rs. 500.00 a year.