If you ever decide to explore the game without the multi-player aspect, then you are bound to check out the Conquer the World campaigns which are a part of the single player campaigns that one can play.
The Barbarian Rally is a scenario type which is described as follows –
Barbarian Rally: Take control of a neutral territory in one of the early turns in the campaign and then defend your city against a constant onslaught of barbarians. It’s a defense mission, so increase the defenses around your city with towers and the like. Produce military units to remain close to your city and intercept the invading forces. The invaders increase over the course of the mission, so expect to be nearly surrounded in the mission’s concluding minutes.
I am playing in the Tough mode, so was expecting an early onslaught, the good part about this scenario is the resources that you are given. Be wise to utilize them properly. To reach the classical age, you will need to research 9 technologies, which is a resource hogging strategy. A better idea is to go into defensive mode and be prepared.
This strategy worked for me –
- Build towers, the more the merrier
- Definitely go for one more city, you will need the gold that you get out of the trade for building archers
- Build 2-3 archers per tower and city, garrison them
- Next go for a mix of HI and LI
- Garrison soldiers to heal them
- Keep a watchout for siege weapons and take them out on priority
- Build an outpost, not only will it increase the size of your city, but also it will reveal hidden enemies (Contributed by Ameya Mane)
- In the end of the game, you will be swamped … take all your villagers and put them on repair mode. Especially the towers and the capital
10 thoughts on “Rise of Nations: Barbarian Rally tips”
In barbarians, defending is easy since +1 age advantage. Attack becomes difficult since u hav to boom to the same level as the defender n then attack. :)
Ameya, in Barbarian Rally, the +1 advantage is not there :-)
In barbarian rally
i would go for towers all within the range of other..:)
and build farms and lumber camp…
in the end the barbarians bring siege weapons so beware.
research attrition if possible as no supply wagons…
attack is not possible as barbarians are randomly created………..
@Nikhil, I think Ameya has confused it with the Barbarians at the gates game type. Bygones.
One more thing, with tough, it really doesnt make sense to age to the next age, since you are using precious resources to age which you could use to create soldiers and towers. So I say attrition is hard to get.
Hey is this a PC game or on PS or WII…
Hey Bikram, thanks for dropping by, and Rise of Nations (afaik) is a PC game.
This condition tests your defending skills.
One more point to add. Make a Keep(outpost) near your city.
It increased your city size as well as shows you hidden enemies.
Awesome point Ameya, thanks. Will update the post!
how to be an attacker in barbarians at the gate?