I have always believed that a person can live off the internet. With virtual offices and office-less organizations being a reality now, one can operate perfectly without leaving their house. Having said that, ordering food online was not being done so well in India … yes there are many people who are trying to do this for quite some time now, however I believed no one had nailed the experience.
I decided to give Foodpanda a try. The site features many restaurants in India with their menus. I went to find the nearby restaurants in Mumbai. You can choose to directly go to your favourite restaurant and start ordering, or you can provide your locality and area and find interesting joints from where you could order. All online.
I decided to discover places and found a place called Rocket Sandwiches … the prices were affordable and the menu looked great. After 10 minutes, I was done ordering and the order was confirmed!
The good part about the site is that the expectations and the wait time were given on the site for each of these restaurants. These wait times are fairly accurate and I was pleasantly surprised that the order arrived at my doorstep in the same amount of time.
- Simple site and to the point
- The ordering process works and does not require you to be a rocket scientist
- All the information you would want while ordering food is provided
- Entire process is automated, I did not have to talk to a single person throughout the process
- Good way to explore your neighbourhood joints or order food if you are in a new locality
- The site keeps track of all my orders and allows me to quickly re-order the same items (I’ll just have my regular!!)
Yes, there are a few of those!
- There are quite a few modal pop-ups (which open-up as a separate layer of the page) in the site. Thankfully, you can close those pop-ups.
- Ditto for the site-chat. If I do not wish to chat, then why is the functionality asking me to chat.
All in all, I am going to keep using this site!