I have been playing Rise of Nations on and off since 2005. I really got into it in the year 2008, when I started playing with my brother-in-law on Gamespy and on Virtual Private Networks.
It is at that point when I decided to share my experiences and tips on this blog. While posting articles about Rise of Nations, I had another realization – and this is a nuance of the game, but it definitely is there. Some strategies are civilization specific.
Here is a list of civ-specific strategies that I have written till now –
- Egyptians – Powered by wonders, Delayed rush and early wonders
- Turks – Militia Rush, Villagers and Siege (will work for Koreans as well)
- Japanese – Boom and strong infantry
Besides these, I have also covered some concepts about the game here –
- Using the Forbidden Capital wonder as a Capital
- How to create a Delayed rush
- Coping through a Barbarian Rally
I had lost my installations of the Rise of Nations discs, also the community was dwindling pretty fast. But now with Steam Integration, my hopes are up and I can think about picking up from where I left off!