A discussion with a friend about salary structures resulted in this post –
- I am damn scared of an IT raid
- Paying corrupt officials the salary and perks that they dont deserve
- Paying for infrastructural developments that dont help anyone
- Reducing the deficits of the nation
- If I do it, then everyone else could also do it
Despite all this cynicism, I still pay my dues … and I think that gives me a moral authority to demand the same from my fellow Indians.
All it takes is an idea.
6 thoughts on “Why we pay taxes”
Paying taxes is lot more better than paying protection money. Democracy FTW! :)
I dont like paying Income Tax. It doesn’t make any sense to my little brain. It gives me a feeling that despite having a democratic setup, we still live in a socialist economy.
I agree Mayur, even I hate paying taxes. But as I said, I am damn scared of the first point :)
So Mayur, will you rather pay money out of your pocket to local organization to keep roads clean, public transportation cheap and food prices in check?
This is why one needs to be an activist and demand answers :P