After power leveling my first level 85 Dranei Hunter on World of Warcraft, I kind of realized that I need to slow down on the WoW front. Not only was it eating a significant amount of my free time, but I had gotten a bit jaded by it.
So after staying away from it for half a week, I tried to give this a whirl. FortuneOnline is a free MMORPG which has the look and feel of Diablo 2 … took me back to my days of engineering … bunking lectures so that I could stay back and slay Diablo/Baal or his uber-minions. I think that game is the only game I played to its fullest (for a full 6-7 years).
- Interesting power-ups and skill trees for different classes
- It’s a browser based game – no pesky bulky client downloads
- Platform dependant as long as you can install Adobe Flash
- Diablo clone MMORPG (I can’t get enough of this)
- Good controls and game controls are extremely responsive
- Game is divided into different sections very nicely
- It’s free
- Not many players online who seem to be active on the general chat
- The consumable items do not work sometimes (I hope the developers sort this glitch out)
- Game can get a bit repetitive after some time
- The item drops in the game suggest presence of more classes that the player can have, however when I was in character creation, I did not see those classes (don’t know if there is a premium mode)
- The plot is not riveting, or perhaps I am still too jaded for really engaging into the game plot.
- The graphics are meh! … however, even Diablo was not that awesome (remember it was 1999), now our expectations have gone up
All in all, a good whirl and you can idle by a few boring hours with this game. I do hope that the Torchlight folks can turn out a better MMORPG