I had written in the past about discovering the Samara Oblast bots. For those of you who are unaware, just quickly check in your Google Analytics, in the Audience reports section the Location report.
If you are receiving a bunch of traffic from Russia, then it’s most likely spammy traffic. This traffic will never convert and will always be a small set of users, however with a decently large number of sessions.
Continue reading “The referral spam bots are now from Saint Petersburg”
Folks who have worked in launching mobile marketing campaigns would be familiar with the term Interstitial Ads.
What are Interstitial Ads?
Those pesky ads which take up the entire screen space in the middle of an app or a website. Yes, the ones which block the content underneath and make you click on the small cross in some corner of the ad.
Continue reading “Are Interstitial Ads “successful” due to fat-fingers?”
Frequent readers of this blog would have noticed that I run Ads via Adsense on my blog. To be honest, I am not making any significant amount of money as yet, but I like to carry out experiments on this blog. These experiments provide me with enough learning which I apply while working on different web properties.
Once while checking out a post on my blog on IE (I normally use Firefox or Chrome), I noticed an interesting ad running on the header space of the blog.
A clean ad with the only Call To Action being a switch to Google Chrome.
Now, that’s smart usage of Ad Segments!
Dear Internet Surfer, I have sinned.
- Ever since I have found about HTML forms and Emailing systems, I have been lurking around in web-pages awaiting to spring that form on you
- jQuery added to my arsenal of timed web-pages and put some smarts in my traps. My traps started looking good and how!
- CSS helped me to create the singing sirens, beckoning you to click on my lovely form elements
- Smart written form elements and squeeze pages made me more credible to you
- Auto-responders helped me to have an active dialogue with you … making you think that I actually care to have a conversation
- After well timed campaigns when you swiped your credit card and transferred your hard(ly) earned money to my account, I can only do but thank you for your efforts
In case, if you can find it in your heart to forgive me, then please forget the money that you paid to me and consider this as a practical lesson learnt!