Yesterday, I attended Startup Saturday … the theme was Social Media and how it can be leveraged by start-ups effectively.
Some of my key learning -
- Online marketing does not replace offline marketing efforts, and vice versa. If you are planning a huge effort in one media, do not ignore the other
- The best way to use these platforms is not as a broadcasting medium, but as a way of engaging with your customers
- Don’t create propaganda, create evangelists … who can propagate your name
- Social media marketing is not cheap, and it is certainly not a free alternative to traditional marketing
- In case of B2B space, marketeers can target the end-customer through social media and get the attention of their intended customer organization
Will attach the respective presentations as and when the organization committee puts them online